Accountant at a Digital Payment Company - iRecruiters Africawork iRecruiters AfricaplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-12-10
iRecruiters Africa - Our client is a fast growing financial technology company that is committed to re-inventing digital payment in Africa.
The company is currently looking to hire a smart young graduate accountant to join the team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the general accounting and finance function such as general ledger entries, maintaining balance sheet reconciliations, budget management and management reporting.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly financial reports
- Assist Financial Consultant in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Develop forecasts based on market and company trends; prepare operational and potential earning reports.
- Ensure strict compliance and remittance of all taxes and statutory deductions.
- A good first degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- ICAN or ACCA certification
- Minimum of 1- 3 years’ cognate experience preferably in a startup environment.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information