Account Officer at Synapse Serviceswork Synapse ServicesplacePort harcourt, RiversDate Posted: 2020-08-07
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the position of a Account Officer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage account receivable and payables
- Manage billings and invoicing
- Prepare weekly and Monthly revenue and expense reports
- Maintain petty cash and general ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement
- Filing of statutory deductions such as PAYE, VAT and WHT
- Establish and implement financial procedures and ensure that the financial reporting mechanisms are in line with organisational requirements and policies.
- Recording and reconciliation of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring.
- Monitoring of the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on need.
- Ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery. Prepare payroll and benefits control of salary payments to staff, including tax liabilities.
- Reconciling and monitoring expenses, subsistence allowances, mobile phone usage, etc.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage cheque run and record all cheques
- Support in preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by line manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Ability to use accounting software like QuickBooks and Peachtree.
- Working Knowledge of EMR is an advantage
- Good Reporting Skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in an accounting role
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development
- Proactive problem solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV on or before 21st August, 2020. The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g "Accounts Officer - Port Harcourt".
Note: Failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe