Account Officer at Cummins Incwork Cummins IncplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-07-22
Cummins Inc, a company that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products, is recruiting to fill the position of an Account Officer
Req ID: 20000186
- Supports account reconciliation and analysis, journal entry preparation and data entry. Supports the month-end close process. Performs activities under moderate supervision.
- Compiles, consolidates and conducts basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
- Prepares basic journal entries.
- Performs monthly and annual account reconciliations.
- Assists with preparation of tables, charts and other exhibits for reports.
- May perform less complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Performs ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Financial Analysis - Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Financial Regulations Acumen - Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
- Financial Internal Controls - Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe