Software Developer (Internship) at Alfred & Victoria Associateswork Alfred & Victoria AssociatesplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-03-17
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Software Developer (Internship) in Lagos.
- A junior software developer, with experience, is likely to progress to senior software developer and later to software architect or similar.
- Other opportunities for promotion could include team lead or manager.
- Discussing clients requirements and proposed solutions with a senior developer (for developers at mid-skill level and below)
- Writing and testing code
- Collaborating with other developers
- Using development tools (see below)
- Development tools are used by software developers to write and test code, often as a team. Common development tools include: integrated development environments (eg Eclipse, IntelliJ): for writing and editing code.
- Source control management (eg Git, SVN, Mercurial): to enable teams to work together to manage changes to source code.
- Issue management systems (eg Jira): for managing a list of issues or improvements
- Test driven development: for writing code to test your code.
- Deployment (eg Jenkins, Hudson): for ensuring the latest software release is packaged correctly, tested and deployed to an application server.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Mathematical aptitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Programming languages (different types of developer role require different languages)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- There are routes into software development for fresh graduates. Degrees in computer science, software development or similar are usually preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV on or before 30th March, 2020, using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: CV's should be sent not later than 3pm on Monday, 30th March, 2020. Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.
Alfred & Victoria Associates
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information