Psychologist at SOS Children's Villageswork SOS Children's VillagesplaceLagos, Ogun, Abuja and PlateauDate Posted: 2019-07-11
SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. We invite qualified and interested candidates to participate in our 2-year Trainee-ship Scheme across our programme locations:
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Abuja and Plateau
Overview of the Role
- The role of the Trainee Psychologist is to support in evaluating children who are experiencing emotional difficulties and provide a treatment plan.
- He/she will support to assess the child to determine the problem, develop a therapeutic strategy and meet with the child in a therapeutic setting.
- His/her job will include education, guidance and support for families – working with parents individually and in groups to teach parents proactive behavioral prevention strategies.
Key Responsibilities Evaluation and Assessment
- Meeting and establishing rapport with the child and young adults through various relevant methods, collaboration with
- relevant staff, parents and specialists to help devise appropriate treatment plans and interventions for children and young persons in need.
- Carry out diagnosis of the issue affecting the emotional well-being of a child while engaging a variety of instruments to determine the needs of the potential condition of the chi
Prevention and Parent Education:
- Support to provide caregivers management training as positive parenting programmes for the child’s wellbeing and counselling of individuals and assistance in individual and team thera
- Exhibit extreme sensitivity and caution in executing all required interventions in order to avoid causing further distress in the child’s life, causing more problems, and interfering with the child’s healing
- Work professionally in line with SOS Children’s Villages Child Protection Policy
- Bachelor in Psychology and Masters is an added advantage
- At least 2 years post graduate experience.
- Empathy, compassion and patience to work with children and young adults.
- Good communication skills, especially the ability to relate to children, and good listening skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Conflicts, disputes resolution and mediation skill
- In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Qualified trainee who become successful after the two years Traineeship period shall have the opportunity to be retained and converted to full-fledged employees of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
SOS Children's Villages
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information