Monitoring and Evaluation Intern at Plan Internationalwork Plan InternationalplaceBornoDate Posted: 2021-08-16
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation Intern in Borno.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the implementation of the Project in the context of north-eastern Nigeria.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations.
- The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant Plan International MERL guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates with the M&E coordinator and across Plan International, with Donor and field level implementing partners.
- The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team, in all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop two months activity implementation plan with the project team.
- Support regular monitor visits and if required project action plans revisions and modifications.
- Working with M&E Coordinator, to ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
In collaboration with the Field Team, M&E coordinator and other relevant staff, the M&E Intern will:
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team and the M&E coordinatorr, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws, 3Ws and related MIS data) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data.
- Lead in the conduct of emergency assessments, field level Market price, cash/in-kind distribution, YSLA monitoring and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Work closely with the M & E Coordinator, CRM Officer and Youth Engagement Officer in conducting all MEAL activities, including the preparation of materials, planning of training, training enumerators, data collection supervision, data cleaning and analysis.
- Leverage strong quantitative skills to design surveys, analyse data, and mentor enumerator teams
- Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Perform any other support functions as directed.
- Provide support in implementing a Robust Child Friendly Feedback Mechanism in line with Plan International policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to all activity implementation, including periodic monitoring of life-skill
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Implement other task within the organization, as assigned by the line manager.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics.
- Less than one-year post NYSC experience
- Knowledge in developing an M&E system.
- Knowledge of child safe guarding.
- Familiarity with an NGO setting especially on peace building and conflict resolution.
- Well-developed analytical and writing/presentation skills.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and skills of Information Technology, in order to support the development and maintenance of database system of the project.
- Desirable to have specialized formal training on IT systems, database, business software, and/or web-based applications and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organization, and record/file keeping skills to ensure information, knowledge, and data are reviewed, maintained and monitored.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to peace, tolerance and development
- Candidates with ability to speak and understand Kanuri language are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 23rd August, 2021.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe