Logistics Intern at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')work Norwegian Church AidplaceMaiduguri, BornoDate Posted: 2020-06-17
Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') - We are recruiting to fill the position of a Logistics Intern in Maiduguri, Borno.
- Receive all PR’s, ensure it is properly filled (i.e. dates, budget lines and approvals).
- Register all inbound PR
- Document all RFQ process (simple, negotiated or local open tender)
- Distribute RFQs to vendors as instructed by supervisors
- Ensure all RFQs are properly filled with correct price calculations, dates, signature and stamp of company
- Ensure RFQ is submitted within closing dates
- Ensure every completed payment request have all supporting documents, i.e as per logistics checklist, before submission for signing by SLO
- Follow up on supplies due date, and also support in receiving supplies in warehouse
- Follow up on all maintenance works and services
- Carry out operational functions as assigned by supervisor in warehousing or fleet management as required.
Other duties as assigned:
- The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Education, Certifications and experience
- B.Sc., HND in Management Sciences, Administration Social Sciences
- 1 year of working experience.
- Strong experience in supportive monitoring programs
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Has excellent planning and well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in English and Hausa
- Fluency in Kanuri, Shuwa will be an added advantage
- Good experience working in Northeast Nigeria added advantage.
- Flexible and can adapt to prevailing environment.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV on or before 21st June, 2020, addressing it to Recruitment-Ng@nca.no: The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid" and using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Norwegian Church Aid
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information