Intern, Housing Officer at eHealth Africawork eHealth Africaplace KanoDate Posted: 2019-04-18
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. We are recruiting to fill the position of Intern, Housing Officer
Purpose of the position
- The Intern, Housing will work with and be supervised by the Senior Associate Housing. The role is to support the Supervisor on all aspects of assigned housing maintenance, Housekeeping, Generator Maintenance, Power supply, vending and operational duties in all stages.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees household staff this involves training, assigning tasks and providing supervision for all domestic staff.
- Communicates house or resident changes to staff, and other relevant stakeholders. Involves residents at all time in decision making about activity, lifestyle, and matters in the home which may affect them. E.g. the use of insecticides (bug spray) or automatic air fresheners, brand preference, etc.
- Responsible for household purchases. Provides support for personal errands such as shopping for food, supplies and other requested items for the household residents.
- Assigns and monitors completion of daily chores and housekeeping duties. Supervises cleaning staff to ensure the cleanliness of the residence while maintaining a hospitable, safe and pleasant living environment for residents.
- Communicate finding and facilitates knowledge dissemination and exchange among various interested parties.
- Produce written reports and white papers to share knowledge and results from Information received.
- Research into new areas that will address the efficiency and effectiveness of the Housing Scheme in eHA.
- Any other tasks assigned by Management.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Estate Management, Building Management, Environmental Management or any related discipline.
- Minimum 1 years Cognate Experience in operations and housing role (Desirable but not compulsory).
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information