Intern - General Admin & Operations at The British High Commission in Nigeriawork The British High Commission in NigeriaplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-03-11
The British High Commission in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position of Intern - General Admin & Operations in Lagos
Main Purpose of Job
- Based in the UK Government’s trade team in Nigeria to support the Country Director and wider team, with a primary focus on providing support based on exporting British Businesses into the Nigerian market.
- The role involves providing general administrative and operation support. This would include, but not limited to carrying out market research, taking minutes at meetings, updating the master database, identifying export opportunities, supporting delivery of business networking events, keeping the CRM system (Data Hub) up to date, handling procurement duties and overall support to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa, with vast natural resources and a talented workforce representing significant opportunities for UK businesses. The UK and Nigeria have long-established cultural and commercial links with scope to deepen the relationship further.
- As a result, Nigeria offers a wide array of business opportunities, especially in the oil and gas sector but also increasingly in areas such as renewable energy, infrastructure, agriculture, technology and education. Current trade figures are good, but we want to do better.
- We are looking for a highly organised person with a strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to take the initiative, work accurately within deadlines and be a strong team member who works collaboratively.
- A dynamic candidate with a can-do attitude, looking to learn and develop multi-sector knowledge and capacity. While some experience around business support, research and customer experience management is valuable, demonstration of a keen interest will also be considered.
- Under the guidance of the Country Director; take full responsibility for operational and administrative duties
- Providing administrative support for the trade section; taking minutes at team & external meetings; updating the forward look calendar and arranging appointments, flights, transport & airport facilitation etc.
- Maintaining the department’s master database and keeping the forward look document up to date
- Working together with sector leads
- Identifying Export Opportunities and flagging this with the Trade Service Unit
- Uploading entries such as significant assists and interactions weekly into the Customer Relationship Management system – Data Hub.
- Providing support for inward and outward DIT trade missions and business networking receptions
- Handle procurement requests for the department
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Any First-Degree Certificate is acceptable
- Fluent written and spoken English
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria, if required
- Great team player, able to build collaborative working relationships across teams
- Good client engagement skills
- Strong IT skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to adapt to a quick changing and evolving business environment; deliver in the face of uncertainty; and work proactively and autonomously
- Ability to work with people at all levels of seniority in an international environment and within a fast paced, results orientated organisation
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Starting salary: N135,419 Monthly.
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- The internship program is for 3 months renewable (up to a maximum of 12months) subject to satisfactory performance.
- The intern position has a monthly allowance of NGN135,419 (paid in Naira directly into a Nigerian bank account).
- Successful candidates who are not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10 % notional tax deduction.
- Normal working hours for BDHC Lagos will be from 7.30am - 3.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 7.30am – 12.30pm on Friday.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here for more information and application
20th March, 2019.
The British High Commission in Nigeria
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information