ICT Support Intern at Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH)work Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH)placeLagosDate Posted: 2018-11-06
Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH), a leading Systems Integration Company, hiring an ICT Support Intern in Lagos.
- Contributes and assists in the preparation of the ICT department’s annual budget.
- Enforce application policies and procedures that promote and ensure adequate confidentiality, integrity, and availability of corporate data and information.
- Coordinate the identification of inherent IT risks, their short and long-term implications and advice management accordingly.
Network Architecture, Hardware and Software:
- Conduct software installation and configuration e.g. client applications, anti-virus utilities, printer drivers, etc.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain all system software and related hardware.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all network, hardware and software related issues as and when required.
- Initiate start-up and shutdown procedures on all servers, UPS and inverters.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery:
- Maintain and update disaster recovery site and conduct the periodic backup operations on all data as required.
- Assist in the deployment of an effective antivirus system across all servers, laptops and desktops and ensure the network is appropriately equipped to defend itself against virus attack or unauthorised access.
- Assist in monitoring vendor compliance with service level agreements and flag identified issues.
- Assist in monitoring and executing ICT projects in conjunction with service providers and in alignment with defined timelines and budgets.
- Assist in monitoring ICT resource requirements to minimize delays or disruptions in ICT service delivery.
- Assist in the sourcing and purchase of ICT related hardware, software and resource in line with CDL procurement policies and processes.
- Application Development and Website Administration
- Assist in maintaining, updating and administering company website, intranet and portal as and when required.
Customer Service/ Issues Resolution:
- Proactively anticipate end user concerns and complaints and provide them with quick and cordial service response and ICT technical support, with greater efficiency.
- Respond to all helpdesk calls and maintain issues/ request log.
- Provide first-level support on the phone to end-users on ICT related issues and coordinate more technical issues requiring location visit/ vendor involvement.
- Assist to organise and monitor (in conjunction with HR) the delivery of relevant end-user training on self-help tips.
- Keep abreast of technology trends/ development taking place in the industry and disseminate information to team for discussion and adoption as approved.
- Assist in evaluating new tools/technologies, analyse relevance to CDL operations and present findings to management.
Reporting and Other Duties:
- Assist in the documentation of periodic management reports on the activities of the department for management decision making.
- Act on behalf of, and perform other duties as assigned by Head, ICT.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV using the position as the subject of the mail.
Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH)
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe