HR Intern at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)work The International Rescue Committee (IRC)placeBornoDate Posted: 2021-04-14
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. We are recruiting to fill the position of a HR Intern in Maiduguri, Borno.
Reference No.: req14258
IRC Nigeria Program
IRC began working in Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, IRC has expanded its program scope and size with the aiming of making the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states in North-East Nigeria.
IRC’s response includes integrated health, reproductive health and nutrition services, protection including women’s protection and empowerment services and child protection, environmental health, economic recovery and development, governance, and education. In 2015, IRC Nigeria developed a five-year Strategy Action Plan (SAP), which has health and education as high priority program areas.
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the coaching and supervision of HR Officer, the HR and Admin Intern will provide necessary support to Maiduguri the HR/Admin team.
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new hires in Maiduguri field office.
- Documentation of new hires and file management
- Support with tracking of leave, time sheet and exit documents.
- Support with Scanning documents and updating the online staff database.
- Support with Filing, labelling of all files accordingly of hard copies of staff documents.
- Support with compilation of Health Insurance and Life Insurance Documents for Maiduguri staff.
- Support in the supervision of cooks and cleaners
- Assist in coordinating booking and tracking of travels and accommodation as well & documentation of payment documents.
- Assist in following up with immigration and related statutory agencies for staff working and traveling permit.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Officer
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting: HR Manager
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:.
- Internal: HR and Admin team
- External: N/A
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Social sciences
- Fresh graduate who has completed NYSC and residing in Maiduguri.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Certificates or Licenses:
- The HR and Admin Intern position is based in Maiduguri.The security situation in North East Nigeria continues to be volatile with security level currently at 3 (orange), though subject to change; candidates should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe