Energy Data Engineer - Internship at AMMP Technologieswork AMMP TechnologiesplaceNigeriaDate Posted: 2022-04-18
We are a start-up company that uses innovative digital technologies to drive forward sustainable and reliable energy access in emerging markets. Based in Amsterdam, we run an online monitoring and management platform for solar-powered systems in residential and commercial applications. Our solution makes these systems smart it makes them easier and cheaper to run and makes sure the power stays on day and night.
With 1000+ energy systems spread across 5 continents already on our platform, we are currently scaling up our presence in key markets in Sub-Saharan Africa and South-East Asia.
We strongly believe that social impact and business growth can be combined. And we are looking for people that share this vision and want to make a difference. If you want to be part of a results-oriented company that is at the top of its game, while working in a highly collaborative and friendly environment, please read on!
Starting date: April or May 2022
Internship duration: 4 – 8 months
We are looking for a dedicated energy data engineer for a six-month internship position to drive our growth and impact further.
During your role as an energy data engineer, you will become part of AMMP’s product team. We rely on a creative and agile way of working to allow quick iterations and customer-oriented results.
- After getting to know our tech-stack and open-source tools, you will support us in building new integrations with local energy systems.
- You will work on our IoT-based datalogger reading out equipment locally and on API integrations with cloud platforms of solar equipment manufacturers.
- One of our guiding principles is to work customer-oriented. Thus, you will join customer calls to understand customers' requests from a first-row perspective.
- You will work from our office in Amsterdam or remotely with the possibility to come to Amsterdam regularly (2-4 days a month).
We do not expect you to know everything already. We do believe that in today’s world, the motivation and ability to learn is what truly makes a difference. Hence what we are looking for is a proactive individual who is constantly eager to expand their horizon and can manage their work independently. If on top of this, you tick some of the boxes below, we are keen to get to know you.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field
- Python and other programming skills
- An interest in the Internet-of-Things
- Very high level of self-management and motivation to learn
- Great communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with APIs and/or programming of micro-computers (e.g. Raspberry Pi) • Experience working with command-line-interfaces (e.g. unix CLI)
- Technical understanding of renewable energy systems (e.g. PV, inverters, battery storage etc.) Why you want to work with us
Building a working culture that represents our mission is very important to us. This includes:
- Very flexible and fun working culture
- International young team of motivated colleagues
- Strong opportunities for personal development
- High degree of responsibility
- Strong international network in the energy space
How to Apply
Kindly submit your application (cover letter and resume) to us at email@example.com
Any questions regarding the position can be addressed to Hendrik Broering at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe