African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Internship Program 2020 (Session I)work African Development Bank GroupplaceCôte d’IvoireDate Posted: 2019-11-26
African Development Bank Group, a multilateral development finance institution, is hiring a for its 2020 Internship Program - Session I
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
- The Session 1 of the 2020 Internship Program will run from February 2020 through June 2020.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master's level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply 8th December, 2019.
- Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
- The Bank will run two (2) internship sessions during the year 2020. This announcement is for session 1, which will run from February through June 2020. The announcement for session 2 will be made in April 2020 and the session 2 will run from June through December 2020.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: firstname.lastname@example.org
African Development Bank Group
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe