Editorial Assistant at Calabar Blogwork Calabar BlogplacecalabarDate Posted: 2018-08-09
Calabar’s only open source platform is looking for two passionate editorial assistants to join the team, work from home or from our office in Calabar. Whether you’re a published writer or just want to be heard we encourage you to join our community of passionate writers and contributors.
Find consistent work, get paid, and more…
Are you fascinated about online media and building a career in this thriving sector?
Are you constantly searching for ways to increase your productivity?
Do you enjoy researching, writing and editing?
If so, you might have what it takes to be the next editorial assistant for Calabar Blog
Calabar Blog is also committed to documenting success stories and experiences of individuals and groups through interviews, pictures and videos, well, we assume you already know this.
Editorial Assistant: Accepted candidates will begin with a paid internship where the quality of your work will be assessed and considered for full-time employment.
The editorial assistant will work with editors to produce content for Calabar Blog
Responsibilities will include:
Research – Sourcing for content (Stories, events;Past and upcoming and other cool gists)
Publishing to web and social media.
Working with editors and Calabar Blog team members
Putting together weekly newsletters.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- You have good level of English language.
- You have a passion for writing, Calabar and Cross River State.
- You are a detail-oriented university graduate and have completed (or exempted from) the compulsory NYSC.
- You are presently based in Nigeria! Preference would be given to applicants residing in Calabar or its environs.
- You have some writing, typing and editing experience and you’d like to get more.
- Experience working for an online media platform is an added advantage. Freelance, volunteer or internship positions count.
- You are comfortable and active with all social media platforms (especially Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- You have basic knowledge of WordPress (this is an added advantage).
- You are amazingly organized and efficient, and thrive working independently (with little supervision).
We are proud of the culture we have created at Calabar Blog. Our team is hard/smart working, thoughtful and cooperative. We are open to learning new things, accepting mistakes, taking corrections and growing. The ideal candidate for this position shares those same characteristics.
- Have a personal laptop
- Exceptional writing skills
- Great communication skills
- Analytic and Creative Skills
- Willing to Learn
- Hard/Smart working
- Always striving to produce high quality work
How to Apply
- Please send a one-page Cover Letter and one-page CV
- Subject of the Mail: “Editorial Assistant – Your Name” e.g Editorial Assistant – Charles Okon
Note: Only successful applicants would be contacted for Interview (within one week of receiving their application).
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe